Terms and Condition
Contractual Terms of this Agreement conduct your access to and use of the services that operate by Plot Seek Sdn. Bhd.(Company No.: 1301373-D) of A-02-19, Pinnacle Kelana Jaya, Jalan SS 7/26, Kelana Jaya, 47301 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, a Malaysian entity, either itself or through its subsidiaries or licensees, via various electronic platform, including its websites namely www.plot.my, any subdomains of those websites, mobile sites, and mobile applications (together called “we” or “us” or “our” or “plot” in these terms).
Information on our Platform publication should not be regarded as a substitute for professional legal, financial or real estate advice.
Plot Seek Sdn. Bhd. (the Company) is responsible for maintaining our Platform, but all of our Platform publications make no warranty as to the accuracy or reliability of the information contained therein (including, but not limited to, any content or information generated on our Platform by or on behalf of the Company, and any Third Party Content on our website) and the Company and its related entities, directors, officers and agents disclaim all liability and responsibility for any direct or indirect loss or damage which may be suffered by any recipient through relying on anything contained in or omitted from our Platform or publications.
I. Use of this Platform
In this Platform, you may, among others:
- acquire variety of real estate related services, such as new project and sub-sale’s listing and information, professional and owner’s profile, advertisement, articles, mortgage information, tools and widgets;
- search and browse any real estate listing on the Platform;
- post listing on the Platform along with the (“Content”) of image, picture, data, text, photograph, video, message or other materials;
- communicate with the user of the Platform; and
- review and manage appointments.
Our Platform do not represent or warrant that:
- access to the Platform will be uninterrupted, reliable or fault-free; or
- the Platform or any of its content will be accurate, complete or reliable.
You may still be able to access this Platform without registration. To fully access the usage of this Platform, you are required to register for an account with your name, email address, password, and registered phone number.
You may upload an image for the use of your online profile. By uploading such an image, you represent and warrant that you are authorised to use such image and deem to grant us the non-exclusive and royalty-free right to use the image.
To register an account, you shall not:
- use as an account name with the name of another person with the intent to imitate that person;
- use as an account name with the subject to any rights of a person other than you without appropriate authorization;
- use as an account name that is otherwise vulgar, obscene or offensive; and
- pose as any person or entity or attempt to solicit money, passwords or personal information from any person.
Unless specifically stated otherwise, the account is personal to you and cannot be shared or transferred to any third parties. You shall be responsible to protect the confidentiality of your password.
We reserve the right to reject any registration of, or terminate an account at our discretion.
The registration of REN code is compulsory for Real Estate Negotiator, Property Agent, or Estate Agent upon setting up an account on Plot before creating and managing listing. REN who do not register or inserting wrong REN code will risk being fined by BOVAEA for breaching the law. Plot will not be responsible for any claims or liabilities pertaining to this issue.
III. Conduct of Information Input
In this section “Conduct of Information Input”, any form of information that upload, share or publish on our Platform will be bound under these terms.
By authorise us to display your information input, you represent and warrant that:
- the information input has the lawful right including all necessary licences, rights, consents, and permissions to use;
- you own the right of ownership of the information input and will be retain by you and any information input on our Platform by you;
- you must ensure the information comply with all applicable law, statute, regulation, industry code of conduct or guidelines issued by any relevant trade organisation;
- your information input is not misleading and deceptive and will not offer or publish fraudulent goods, products, services, schemes, or promotions.
Your information input must be relevant to the said property showcasing the interior, exterior or the surrounding of the said property.
By posting any information input on our Platform, you understand that your contact details (including but not limited to registered phone number and email address) will only be recognized in account registration, requesting leads, and chatting system. Disclosing your contact details on the listing is not allowed, should you upload such information input, we reserve the right to remove or alter the said information input without prior notice.
You agree that you grant us your information input a worldwide, nonexclusive, royalty-free, transferable, perpetual and irrevocable licence to use in regardless of any purpose. You also agree to grant each of our Platform’s users a nonexclusive licence to use, translate or share your information input as permitted by us.
By posting any information input on our Platform, we may not obligate you to remove, alter or disable access to any of your information input without prior notice. You agree that information input provided by you to our Platform will not violate:
- any breach of law or regulation;
- any right of any third party;
- any misleading or deceptive information;
- any corrupted, virus or other disabling code; or
- any defamatory.
You may purchase or be rewarded with credit(s) for the use of our Platform. Such credits may be used to, among others, purchase leads, request for co-broke listing, and request to manage listing on the Platform. All purchased and rewarded credits cannot be revoke or exchanged for cash and you are not entitled to any refund.
As part of the service provided, we will notify you through our Platform and emails regarding the on-going activities on our Platform or to alert you about new products or services provided by us. You may unsubscribe email updates that our Platform forward to you by using the unsubscribe option or by contacting us.
We will notify you through our Platform and email if there is a match between your leads or your request. You may also disable our Platform notification option in our Platform. However, we will not take any responsibility if your leads are expired or accepted by others.
VI. Communication Services
The use of our Platform’s communication service is not “Private” in the sense that the message will not only be seen by the sender and receiver, and we can view and investigate if there is necessary. However, the message is private to other users on our Platform.
During the use of our Platform, you may be rewarded with points. As such, you may benefit from the selected goods or services of our merchant or service provider as you redeem.
The points are not redeemable for cash nor transferable, assigned or shared.
We reserve the right to forfeit any unclaimed points without prior notice.
The Company grants visitors to the site permission to download copyright material only for private and non-commercial purposes. For reproduction or use of plot.my copyright material beyond such use, written permission must be obtained directly from the Company or the relevant copyright owner.
“Confidential Information” means any information (it includes but is not limited to information contained within our reporting systems and other performance metrics and any other technical or programming information) disclosed or made available to you by us, directly or indirectly, either through orally, written, or visually.
You will not disclose or use our Confidential Information, nor disclose or distribute any other User’s personal information to a third party without the consent of that User.
You acknowledge, consent and agree that we may access, preserve and disclose your account information and Content if required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to:
- comply with legal process;
- enforce this Agreement;
- respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third parties;
- respond to your requests for customer service; or
- protect our rights, property or personal safety, our users and the public.
Confidential Information does not include information other than information that has already become publicly known and generally available, other than through your action. Or it is without confidential restriction before you received it from us.
XI. Restrictions on use of Platform
In accessing or using our Platform you agree that you will not:
- use any automated device, software, process or means to access, retrieve, scrape, or index our Platform or any content on our website;
- use any device, software, process or means to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working on our website;
- undertake any action that will impose a burden or make excessive traffic demands on our infrastructure that we deem, in our sole discretion to be unreasonable or disproportionate site usage;
- use or index any content or data on our Platform for purposes of:
- constructing or populating a searchable database of properties,
- building a database of property information; or
- competing with us in any manner that we have not specifically authorised;
- transmit spam, chain letters, contests, junk email, surveys, or other mass messaging, whether commercial in nature or not;
- engage in, nor cause other Users to engage in, spamming, phishing, improper, malicious, fraudulent clicking, impressions or marketing activities relating to our Platform;
- act in violation of any Term of Use or other condition posed by us or any applicable law or regulation;
- reproduce, republish, retransmit, modify, adapt, distribute, translate, create derivative works or adaptations of, publicly display, sell, trade, or in any way exploit our Platform or any content on our website, except as expressly authorised by us;
- transmit or attempt to transmit any computer viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses or any other items that may damage of a destructive nature; or
- act in threatening, defamatory, harassing or stalking any user of our Platform.
We reserve the right to exercise whatever means we deem necessary to prevent unauthorised access to or use of our Platform.
XII. Content from Third Party
Content provided by other parties will be published in our Platform. We will not be responsible for any content made by the third party and it does not endorse and makes no representations of our views. You rely on Third Party Content at your own risk.
XIII. Limited of Liability
You will hold responsible for all costs associated with your access on our Platform and agree to use our Platform at your sole risk. You acknowledge that we may not be able to confirm the identity of other registered users or prevent them acting under false pretences or in a manner that trespasses the rights of any person.
By using our Platform, you agree that we, our directors, officers, shareholders, employees or any other representative will not be liable for any direct or indirect loss of profit, loss of revenue, loss of goodwill, loss of customers, loss of capital, loss of data, downtime costs or any special, punitive damages, benefits suffered or in any way connected with this agreement.
We do not accept responsibility for any interference or damage to any computer system that arises in connection with the use of our Platform or any linked website. As using our Platform, you acknowledge that you will take your own precautions to ensure that the process that you employ for accessing our Platform and services does not expose you to the risk that may damage your own computer system.
XIV. Account Termination
- We may terminate your access to our Platform at any time, with or without cause, with effect immediately. However, you may terminate your use of the Platform at any time.
- We reserve the right to suspend or terminate your account that has been inactive for an extended period of time.
- We reserve the right to permanently dispose or delete any data held in our Platform without further reference to you.
- We may forfeit all your credits and points in the event of account termination for whatsoever reasons.
XV. Disputes Resolution
This Platform conveys real estate listing and advertising from companies and business, and all information input associated with real estate listing and advertisement is provided by the them. We do not in any way endorse any of the listing and advertisement.
We take no responsibility and assume no liability for any real estate listing and advertisement on this Platform or for the accuracy of any information contained therein or associated therewith.
You are solely responsible to access the real estate listing and advertisement and you understand that it is done solely at your own risk.
You clearly understand that we are not responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort encountered as the result of any such dealing or as the result of real estate listing and advertisement present on this Platform. As your dealing or communication with the said companies or businesses, and any terms, conditions, warranties or representation associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such the companies or businesses.
We do not guarantee or warrant that the data stored in our server or generated by this Platform will be backed up. You shall be responsible for keeping an independent backup of all data stored or generated. You are also responsible for maintaining accurate data including the number of your credits and points.
XVIII. Further Warranties
You agree to comply with these terms and any instructions that in relation to the use of our Platform from time to time. You will keep your username and password that you access plot.my confidential and secure at all times. You understand and accept all liability for any unauthorised use of any username and password.
If you believe in good faith that the materials we host infringe on your copyright, you or your representative may send us a notice, requesting that we remove or block access to the infringing material, which shall include the following information:
- an electronic or physical signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed;
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on this Portal;
- your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- a written undertaking by the copyright owner will undertake to compensate us any damages, loss or liability arising from our compliance of such notification.
Please forward your notification to the following address:
Plot Seek Sdn Bhd
A-02-19, Pinnacle Kelana Jaya,
Jalan SS 7/26, Kelana Jaya,
47301 Petaling Jaya, Selangor.
Counter-Notice for Takedown Request
If you, as our user believe that any content that was removed or to which access was disabled is not infringing, or if you believe you have the right to post and use such content from the copyright owner, the copyright owner's agent, or pursuant to the law, you may send a counter-notice containing the following information to us:
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the content that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the content appeared before it was removed or disabled;
- a statement under penalty of perjury that you believe in good faith that the content was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the content; and
- your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the Court in which your address is located, or if your address is located outside Malaysia, for any judicial district in we are located, and you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
If a counter-notice is received by us, we may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that it may replace the removed content or cease disabling it in ten (10) business days.
Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the user, the removed content may be replaced, or access to it restored, in ten (10) business days after receipt of the counter-notice, at our discretion.
Last updated in 11 March 2020